Message Board

This is the High Llamas community forum, a place where fans exchange messages with each other and members of the band.

The message board is open for public browsing but you will need to register before you can contribute.

iTunes & Llamas

31/07/13 03:40 am, the jal, Baltimore, USA

Hi gang-

One sort of 'distressing' question: how come the bulk of the Llamas' catalog is not available on iTunes?I own all their CDs/albums, and was finally getting around to checking out what's available on iTunes (as I'd happily re-buy all the albums again), and was disappointed to see most of the work not there.

I assume some of these albums are somehow still legally tied-up or something with V2 or something, hence the non-availability?

It would be great for new generations to discover HAWAII, for example.

-John

25/08/13 10:02 am, seano, ,

Hi . Thanks  for inquiring . as far as I know , its all there apart  from Beet , maize and Corn and Buzzle Bee. They are both on Duophonic  and perhapd if you innquire with them they may advice how  best to attain a digital copy.

There is  alot of High Llamas collaborative and  remix work that may not have made it to digital .  Anything in particular  you are looking  for ?

21/04/14 03:18 pm, the jal, Baltimore, USA

Belated reply on this - I think there's a U.S. vs. U.K. iTunes distinction, which plain sucks.I see, for example, that U.K. iTunes has Robert Wyatt's "Old Rottenhat", but I can't order it as I live in the U.S. and it defaults to U.S. iTunes. Apple apparently has some stricture about cross-border sales. I did a bit of reading on this subject, too, which sadly backs this up.