Message Board

This is the High Llamas community forum, a place where fans exchange messages with each other and members of the band.

The message board is open for public browsing but you will need to register before you can contribute.

Any Ben Folds/Ben Folds Five fans?

13/11/12 12:53 pm, JDM, , NULL

About a year or two ago I became a Ben Folds/Ben Folds Five fan. I don't know how I missed him for so long as he is a really great songwriter. Anyway, the new Ben Folds Five album "The Sound of the Life of the Mind" is really great. He is another artist I would love to hear an O'hagan collaboration with.

13/11/12 09:12 am, br.kitson@sky.com, Leeds, England

Sorry

I only remember the track "Brick". and a cover of  Steely Dan's "Barrytown " ......................From that era I really liked "Spilt Milk" by Jellyfish.........and also  the album "Bellybutton"

Currently I  reckon Ron Sexsmith is one of the best writers....

Hem's.....Departure and Farewell  ...due out shortly ....should be a classic

BK

14/11/12 01:17 am, JDM, , NULL

Yes, Jellyfish are pretty cool and I couldn't agree more about Sexsmith. He is a really great songwriter. I never heard of Hem, but will give them a go. Thanks!

14/12/12 01:17 am, normandiewilson, "San Diego, California"

I'm a huge Ben Folds fan. Was one of my favorite bands when I was in middle and high school. I really recommend their first self-titled album if you want to get the early gritty stuff. (That's what I like)

15/12/12 09:56 am, Allan, Auckland, New Zealand

"Lonely Avenue", his collaboration with Nick Hornby, is great. Especially the song "Picture Window"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQKughc49-s 

21/12/12 06:56 am, hejafish, , England

Russian Hill from the Jellyfish album Spilt Milk is quite possibly my favourite song of all time.